HGTV and DIY Network are always looking for new people with the right skills and personality to host their TV shows. If you have what it takes, this is your chance to be seen by the top brass! HGTV and DIY Network will hold network-wide open auditions at KBIS 2013 in their booth at the times below.
Friday, April 19, 2013
Saturday, April 20, 2013
Sunday, April 21, 2013
To make the audition process a breeze, HGTV and DIY have developed an audition guide with everything you need to know:
You’re busy at the show, so we’ll keep it quick. Sign a release form and answer a few questions (1-2 mins) in front of the camera. Easy. If you’ve got the goods, we’ll call you (as they say).
A Few Pointers:
- Be yourself. Don’t try to be ‘A Host’.
- Stay loose and relaxed. Have fun with it.
- Low energy is a killer. Think Red Bull, not Sleepy Time tea.
- Don’t look into the camera. Focus on the producer…
- Things we like: smiles, smarts, wit.
Questions We May Ask:
- Give us a quick rundown on what you do now.
- Do you have expertise in the home renovation, design or real estate world?
- Tell us about your hands-on experience with projects.
- Do you work full-time? What’s your work schedule like?
- Tell us a funny story relating to home improvement.
Thanks for participating – and best of luck!